When there is inclement weather, the LCAA will be closed when the Lampeter-Strasburg School District is closed. Students in classes will be notified by the instructor if the class will be postponed.
Artists who won 1st Place awards in LCAA shows in the Professional Category in 2018 were:
Winter Membership Show: Lora Stern, "New Year Resolution”
Words & Pictures Exhibit: Jef Kaufhold “Roar”
Garden Show: Geraldine Cosgrave, “Blackberries”
Spring Membership Show: Carol S. Herr, "Farm Series: Spring”
Roadside Attractions: George Chapman, “On the Road Again”
Senior Showcase: George M. Clark, "Downtown Pre Fab”
Fall Membership Show: Catherine J. Herbert, “Refuge”
8 pieces from the LCAA's Permanent Collection are available for purchase:
1. “A Snow Scene Landscape” by Wilson Chambers, Oil On Canvas, 37” x 28 1/2”: $1000
2. “Landscape Trees along Stream” by C I Driesbach, Oil On Canvas, 23 1/2" x 29”: $3000
3. “Place Pigalle" by Louie Berthomme-St- Andre, Oil On Canvas, 25” x 29”: $1200
4. “Pastoral Landscape” by John Z. Miller, Oil On Canvas, 25” x 30”: $750
5. “Sunlit Seascape with Rocks” by Harry Russell Ballinger, Oil On Canvas 25" x 30”: $1,200
6. “Strawberry & North Sts. Lancaster” by Charles X Carlson, Watercolor, 15” x 21 3/4”: $1,500
7. “Portrait of An Elderly Woman” by Arturo Noci, Oil On Canvas, 24 1/2" x 19 1/2”: $1,500
8. “Old Mill” by Ranulph Bye, Watercolor, 14" x 21": $500
Gallery sitters are needed to watch the gallery when the staff is off.
Assistance with mailings or other office work is needed.
Open Board Positions
Opportunities are available to serve on the LCAA Board.
House and Property: In charge of making sure that the building is in good repair and clean, inside and outside.
Hospitality: In charge of refreshments at the receptions for exhibits.
Historian - Duties involve overseeing our permanent art collection, LCAA archives and our library.
Volunteer Chair: Responsibilities include scheduling members for various volunteer duties, recruiting people for open board positions.
Please contact Carol Herr at 687-7061 during gallery hours with your interest.
Meetings for critiques and discussion are held on the third Thursday of the month at 2 PM.
All women members of the LCAA are invited to join LAF. You may bring work for critique or just come and watch. To check on whether there are any changes in the meeting date and how many are planning to attend, please call the LCAA at 687-7061 on the Wednesday before the meeting between 1 and 5 PM.
Email your news and announcements for the newsletter to Carol Herr at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the LCAA at 687-7061.