June 11 - July 16
LCAA National Juried Exhibition (both galleries)
To download a pdf of the prospectus, click here or on the image at the left.
- Entries due - April 1 (Deadline extended to April 8.)
- Notification by May 12
- Drop off- June 2,3,4
- Shipped Work- May 24-26
- Pick up -July 20 – 23
- $3500 in awards, including a $500 Best of Show Award
- 5 categories- Juried, 1-3 entries
- Entry fee per piece, $10 LCAA members, $15 non-members
- Juror: Jordan Griska
Jordan Griska, a Brooklyn based sculptor, moved from Philadelphia in 2012. He received a BFA from the University of Pennsylvania and a Certificate from the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. Jordan received the Cresson Scholarship and Governor's Award while at PAFA.
Current public works installations include "Grumman Greenhouse" in Philadelphia and "Dolos" in Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City. Jordan was a 2011 West Prize finalist. Other selected exhibitions have been at Eastern State Penitentiary, Esther Klein Gallery, Fleishner Ollman Gallery, Scope Art Fair in Miami, and Philadelphia Contemporary. He is currently working on a permanent installation at the Philadelphia Water Works Museum.
Myrtle Tremblay Scholarship
Well known local artist Myrtle Tremblay was a long time supporter of the arts in Lancaster County. In her will she established a scholarship for promising students pursuing studies in the visual arts. The Lancaster County Art Association has been given the responsibility of selecting and awarding the $1000 scholarship. This award will be given annually at the Lancaster County Art Association Annual Dinner in May.
- Student must be a resident of Lancaster County
- Student must be enrolled in or accepted to a higher education art school, or college or university with a major in the visual arts which include:
- Fine Art – Painting, Drawing, Print-making, Sculpture, Photography
- Commercial Art – Graphic Design, Illustration
To apply, submit the following by April 15, 2017, to the LCAA at the address above.
- 5 images of your artwork (jpeg on a CD)
- Completed application form & list of images with titles & medium.
- Click here to download the pdf of the application form or call the LCAA at (717) 687-7061 to request one to be sent in the mail.
- Self addressed stamped business envelope for notification.
Arts' ArtDeadline.Com: Access Arts' ArtDeadline.Com
The art world's source for income and exhibition opportunities. A searchable database and magazine that lists local, national and international juried exhibitions, competitions, grants, art jobs, percent-for-arts, art in public RFP's, festivals, residencies, internships, & much more... Also see comprehensive artist support and representation services.
Additional opportunities may be found on the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts site at:
At the LCAA we receive multiple copies of the free publication Art Matters. Other publications, art supply catalogues, and brochures with art competitions and exhibits arrive regularly. All are there for your use when you come in to visit.